Book Review : Boys Should Be Boys : 7 Secrets To Raising Healthy Sons by Dr. Meg Meeker
I love this book!
Meeker ends the book with a chapter listing ten tips.
1) Know that you change his world
2) Raise him from the inside out (worry about his inner life and the outer life will follow)
3) Help his masculinity to explode
4) Help him find purpose and passion (other than being a video game master)
5) Teach him to serve (this is where Church can come in handy)
6) Insist on self-respect
8) Be his hero
9) Watch, then watch again (pay close attention to what is going on in his life)
10) Give him the best of yourself (not just the leftovers)
This book has given me great insight into my sons, when to panic and when to shrug.
All of Dr. Meeker’s books should be required reading before becoming a parent, and then reviewed when needed.
Thank you Meg! (It feels like she could be my wiser friend advising me along my journey.)
5 out of 5 stars